Thursday, July 12, 2012

Who plants roses?!


I say it every year when I'm pruning mine, while swearing at the bushes, Who plants roses?!! Errr, I do, I tell myself with a smile, at how stupid I sound. I love them, but pruning them is a pain in the arse. My hands are sore, I have gouges and pricks everywhere. I know, I know I should have worn gloves, sadly they were under the steps of the pergola, wet and soggy. The girls both slept today at the same time, so I took the opportunity to get out there and do them. I have 25+ bushes and a few climbers. I got them all done, and weeded some of the veggie patch as well. I planted some garlic from the kitchen that had started to shoot. I read in a mag that it should be planted on the shortest day of the year, I'm a couple of weeks late.




Yesterday I weeded and cut some stuff back, this is how much I've managed to get done, hoo yeah!! I rang Brett to pick up the trailer from his brothers, too much to fit in the wheelie bin, even if I pinched the next door neighbours! There are flats next door that house medical students, sometimes the flats are empty and I have no worries about using the bins! Of course there is someone in there at the moment, and I would have asked. I find it amusing (being uni students) when their recycle bin is emptied, it sound like its full of wine bottles!



I also told him to borrow a chainsaw. This corner needed some cutting back. There is an elderberry tree growing against the fence(dunno how it got there, probably from seeds in bird poo), and a couple of branches of an old melaleuca growing through it, and I wanted it gone. He knocked off a bit earlier today and got it done. What looked like a small job, was really a huge one, now we have to move all this stuff, few trips to the waste depot I reckon! I'm impatient, but I'm going to have to wait until the weekend, before Brett has the time to take it and empty the trailer.. Dang!!


3 comments:

  1. All that work won't be for nothing. I can see how beautiful that garden will be when it blooms. Make sure you share some pictures when it does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the garden in bloom! While I appreciate a good garden (and gardener) I am no green thumb ... and definitely not roses ... I prefer things that can grown on their own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...