Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cake, tea cups and feathers

Not the best of days, Isabel was naughty central ALL day, mainly giving her sister the shits, which in turn gave me the shits. I did get a fair bit done, despite her pushing me just about every second of my day, the naughty chair got a work out. I had tears at one point, and the little bugger brought me a tissue, redeemed herself with a  heart melt moment.


I baked.
Complete with finger holes, Isabel climbed onto the bench while I was hanging out washing


 Boiled Chocolate Cake

 120gr butter
   3/4 cup sugar 
1 cup water 
   1/2 tsp bicarb soda
3 Tbsp cocoa
 1 1/2 cups SR Flour
2 eggs, beaten

Boil butter, sugar, bicarb, water and cocoa for 2 minutes. Let cool.
Add flour, then egg.
Bake in a moderate oven for 45 mins.

I fixed up an old chook house.



My dad got it at a clearance sale, he frequents them a lot since he retired a couple of years ago. He bought it for mum, she didn't want it, along with half the crap stuff he comes home with. Most of it is actually good, I love this picture he got with a bulk lot, it's hanging in my kitchen, I like tea cups.


I'd been thinking about chooks for a while, so after I finished patching up holes in the wire, we went and picked up two chooks from this old fella round the corner. Isabel was very excited, and has exclaimed since to everyone we have seen, "We got CHOOKS!". Funny. She loves to feed her uncles chooks and collect the eggs, now we have our own, yet to be named girls. I'm thinking Henny Penny and Chicken Licken.



Look what I found in the morning!!!

9 comments:

  1. Your recipe for chocolate cake sounds almost the same as mine - I love it SO much, as it always always works. And is delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm loving that chocolate cake recipe! The finger holes just completes it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like fresh eggs in the morning... Sure missing our chooks! Must be time for more! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited to be collecting eggs, I had one this morning and they taste so good, a lot different than the supermarket ones.

      Delete
  4. I am soooo jealous - its my dream to have chooks before my little darling flies the coop. Collect an egg for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I want chooks too!!! I like Henny Penny and Chicken Licken. You could always just name them Red and Black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great day. I miss my chooks. A few of them were taken by a goanna - not the wiley fox you'd expect. So watch out for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh really, and I'm worried about letting them out because of the cat.

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...