Monday, September 22, 2014

Orange cream biscuits

I sent some of these in the post, early last week. 

They arrived in record time, I was surprised. but ever so glad! It was the best feeling to send someone a home cooked pressie, from me to them. Just awesome. 

I'm planning to do it again next month. Have you heard of #fucktober? I hope Eden likes baked goods ;)



Orange cream biscuits 
120 grams butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup custard powder
1 tablespoon orange juice
pinch salt
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1 egg
1 1/2 cups SR Flour

Preheat oven to 190C.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in orange juice and rind, and stir to combine.  Then stir in egg. 
Lastly, stir in sifted flour, custard powder and salt. 
Form into small balls. Place on a greased tray and press with a fork dipped in flour, to flatten.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.

Icing
75 grams butter
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon orange rind

To make icing, beat the butter and icing sugar in a small bowl, Beat in the milk. Stir through the orange rind. 

Spread one biscuit with about half a teaspoon of icing, and join with another biscuit of the same size.



12 comments:

  1. They sound so easy and delicious. Always in the lookout for recipes such as these. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Would be a great school holiday baking treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure Eden will love them, baked from the heart! She's doing it so tough, poor love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alicia, I have the perfect card to send Eden and am now on my way to post x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure those bikkies will be well received. I'm up to speed with #fucktober now. What a lovey way to support a fellow blogger who's doing it a bit tough. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipient of these loved every single bite!! Sadly she had to share them and sadly they all bloody loved them too!! The lemon curd is being saved for Sunday breakie on some fresh white bread toast!!
    Thank you xx
    ps no slather from me this week, zero free bloody time again. Fingers crossed for next week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you got at least one! I'll have to send more :)

      Delete
  7. Those biscuits look amazing, they'd be so lovely as a christmas present or other gift. Pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she will LOVE those my dear, I'm going to get her something from here in NZ - sorry for late reply I'm on the farm in NZ just chilling xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful thing to send someone! And in the mail!! I know that I would LOVE to receive something like this, and I'm sure Eden would feel so special. xS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...