Friday, September 12, 2014

My five in five - Mystery Case Blog Awards

Mystery Case


So as far as I know I've been given two of these, please forgive me if I have missed out anyone. Thanks to Ann and Zita for nominating me, and thank you to Ms Mystery Case for handing out blog awards in the first place :)

1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging in 2012, May I think. It was that year I started doing the Photo a day challenge(and didn't stop! I got a bit addicted) by Fat Mum Slim. It was Chantelle's blog, that introduced me to blogging. So I have her to thank I suppose, and that night there was bugger all happening on Facebook. I was so bored and looked into making myself a blog. Let's just say, I am not bored anymore!

2. If your wardrobe could talk what would it say about you and tell us about your favourite or most worn item?
My wardrobe would say,"Don't eat that chocolate!". I've just bought size 12 pants, so I am trying so hard not to eat all the chocolate, or drink all the wine, or anything else that puts on the kilos. We've just come out of the winter chill. My most worn item recently would have been my black leggings, to go under long woollen dresses and tunics. I have a pair of boots that I have worn to death too over winter, only because they were the only ones I had! 
When the washing is folded, everyone elses clothes end up in their drawers, neatly folded. I neglect my own. They usually get dumped on the trunk at the end of the bed. I have to make a point of not always going straight to these crumpled, but clean, and convenient, clothes, and getting something different out of the wardrobe. 

3. What's your idea of the perfect date night?
Right now? Me. All by myself. Out to dinner and then back to a hotel room. The bed all to myself, the tv remote and whatever else. Nail polish, chocolate, spa bath! Oooh yeah. Oh, and sleep, glorious sleep!

4. What's on your Worth Casing list?
I'm good at lists. 

  • The open gardens near Adelaide next weekend. My mum, me and the girls are going on a road trip to look at three, maybe four gardens.
  • Some new nail polish. Izzy is very good at wasting all mine away, on her toes, fingers and her sisters too.
  • Finishing the 'My place in time', list. I so want to publish my version, in book form. 
  • I have this notion of interviewing and maybe publishing a short book of women in my community. Sharing their varied stories. It's one of those pipe dreams. Even if the library and the museum get a copy, much like the above book.
  • Inspiration to keep me on track and working positively towards my goals! Much of this has come from stuff shared by bloggers who attended Problogger. Just gotta keep all my ducks in a row, and get busy! 

5. If you had a theme song what would it be and why?
There's one song that always takes me back, to when I was about 12 years old. I am not sure which brother I had a crush on, but it reminds me of them. I am not sure why, but this song reminds me of that time, and of them. They bare no significance in my life now, really. But the song makes me feel good. Weird, I know. This clip was out about the same time, maybe that's why. Who knows. I do know, this is my party, and I will cry if I want to!



Blogs I consider worth casing.

This is hard, there are so many, and many have already been nominated, it would probably take me forever to work out who. And I don't have forever. So.

Blogs and people that always humble and totally amaze me, in good ways. My little drummer boys and I'm thinking about starting a blog.

A Parenting Life, her butterfly kisses and fairy wishes, also her #ouradventureofalifetime, are worth casing.

Blackcurrant Photography Where the 'My place in time' challenge originated, thought up by photographic artist Kell Rowe.

Lastly, but so not least, Kate Writes.

Did you know you could nominate yourself? What are you waiting for?!


16 comments:

  1. I love that you want a date by yourself!!! I remember last year having this moment when all the kids were elsewhere and I felt naughty, thinking of the endless possibilities of what I could do with my 'free time'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wardrobe comment made me giggle. A lot. Mine says the same. That and go run more! Thanks so much for including in your worth casing list. Made me all kinds of happy. Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song you chose is a big theme around my place this week with the kids' school production!
    You've reminded me I must tap away at these questions shortly too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your perfect date night sounds divine Alicia! Alone in a hotel room with room service, clean sheets, a bath. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be your blind date because that date sounds pretty good for this sleep deprived mum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your idea of a perfect date night is exactly the same as mine! Thanks for giving me some new blogs to go and check out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Alicia! What a lovely way to start the day that was....I love the sound of your date night too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is just too sad to not eat chocolate. I've discovered dark chocolate, it's rich so you only want a small portion and then you can have some everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like dark chocolate, with nibs and salt. I have taken to salted chocolate of late. I had no chocolate in the house and even considered putting salt in my hot chocolate! I got it bad!

      Delete
  9. You clothes and my clothes could go to therapy together - at this moment, everyone else's clothes (including my husband's!) are in their wardrobes while mine are still at the foot of my bed. Why do we do that to ourselves????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm only just squeezing into my size 12 pants so I think we should start a challenge or a support group, possibly both. Love your Five in Five. I'm looking forward to 'casing' all your nominees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally think a date with yourself is an awesome idea!!! You have to love and look after yourself to be available to everyone else around you I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most of my clothes end up on the trunk at the end of the bed too and I live and die in my leggings and boots in the winter. Miss Mac and I 'share' nail polish too (which is probably why I never seem to have any one the ones I like left!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love me a solo date night. I'd go to the movies (maybe watch 2) then go for a massage and a shop. Bliss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...