Friday, October 11, 2013

I got swag

I am really enjoying doing the 'My place in time' photo project. I wish I had more time to cruise around taking awesome photos of my local area. 

When Izzy starts pre-entry kindy this final school term, I will have three hours on a Wednesday, when me and Summer can just amble about town, her strapped firmly in a pram of course. I can start doing a few more things I want to do, and lord knows next year when she starts full time kindy, I will be looking for things to keep me busy. 

Anyhoo, back to the 'I got swag' bizzo. 

Yesterday I posted 'A river view', and this first photo.


I didn't even notice it when I walked up and took the photo, it wasn't until I was walking back towards the car, it caught my eye. It kinda freaked me out a bit, seeing something familiar laying under a tree by the side of the road.

It had a few ants running over it, well several, and a few bugs. I tossed it in the boot and drove home.

The kids slept on the way home and I left them in there while I sorted out the swag, and sorted out all the sandy stuff from a day at the beach.

I armed myself with a can of bug spray and went about unrolling it. Let's just say spider central, 1 big black one and lots of little ones, I must have looked like a crazy lady trying to do whack-a-mole with my feet. It wasn't quite as bad as it sounds. I opened up the inside just a bit and gave it a good spray inside, much to my surprise the inside was clean and tidy with no bugs whatsoever. 

My guess is it belonged to a younger person and it must have been here for at least three months, maybe six.

I'd scored myself a good single swag. Not that I'll be sleeping outdoors any time soon, but the kids will get some use out of it hopefully when they are a bit older.



12 comments:

  1. What a find! I wonder who it belonged to, and how it came to be left on the side of the road. I wonder what adventures it's seen!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must have blown or got bumped of the back of a ute, maybe when they went over the bridge. There was no name or number on it, so I have no idea who owned it or where it may have been. It's ours now :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! What a find! Hope noone one was coming back for a nap ;) Haha! (Not by the looks of it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yeah I hope not! I don't think they would have liked their bed companions :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, but those spiders!!! They would totally freak me out! But hey, you got an awesome swag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I was armed with a can of fly spray, luckily there was only one big one, I think the other ones where it's babies, yuk!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, it would have probably cost a couple of hundred dollars to buy one new! The inside of this one is very clean :)

      Delete
  5. There's something to be said for having a keen eye Alicia!!! I'm no spider fan so would have scared the SHART out of me picking it up! Love a great road-side rescue though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the big black spider when unrolled it, I stomped on it straight away, it was at that moment that I thought thongs might be the wrong footwear for this operation. I did sort of pull it out of the bush with great caution and with two fingers while I stood as far back as I could manage! I was so glad the inside wasn't full of bugs :)

      Delete
  6. An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I do believe that
    you need to publish more on this topic, it may not be
    a taboo subject but generally people do not talk about
    these subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!


    My website Paddy o'Brian (nodowrymarriages.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...