Thursday, August 1, 2013

Amazing cauliflower soup



Make this soup and I can guarantee your taste buds will thank you, it is awesome. Cauliflowers have been cheap the past couple of weeks, I picked one up on my last big shop, along with a leek. 

Little shite was stealing pieces of cauli, but she won't eat
cooked veggies!

120 grams bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 leek (about 170 grams of) sliced
1 head cauliflower(850 grams)
6 cups of vegetable stock (vegeta brand)

Cook bacon for a few minutes on medium heat.
Add sliced leeks and saute for 5 minutes, until soft. 
Add cauli and vegetable stock.

Bring to the boil, then simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes.

Blitz with a stick blender, season and serve.

Cauliflower and leek soup with fried pancetta and chilli oil.
To.die.for.

When I received our family tax benefit top up, I treated us to some luxury food. Scallops, even though frozen, still yummy, and a small block of pancetta. Looking at this now, it could have done with some of those little rosemary flowers I posted yesterday. I used the cauli soup as a sauce, yum!





12 comments:

  1. I love cauliflower soup! This sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise how much I loved it until I tasted this simple recipe! Deeeelicious :)

      Delete
  2. YUMMO - my kids never eat cooked veges either. Might have to try make cauli soup as I had it at the pub recently and it was super tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good. I need to cook soup more regularly, we always enjoy it! I reckon this would be a crowd pleaser here! What a cheeky kitchen hand you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yummo!!! I love cauli soup - especially with bacon!! Great idea using it with the scallops too!! So wish I could get my little man to eat raw or cooked vegetables ... that'd be a bonus!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. That sounds REALLY good. I'll have mine without the bacon though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great! I have never tried cauli soup with cabbage. Yet another recipe to add to the file :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cauliflower Soup sounds and look yummy. Thanks for stopping by at Pursuit of Functional Home. Adding you in G+.

    Judy
    www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fantastic! I just wish I liked cauliflower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Soup and scallops both sound devine... I used to eat raw cauliflower as a kid too. Still do sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using cauliflower - so much bang for your kilojoule count! And it is a classic and comforting winter flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummm yumm!!!!! This looks delish! I love how you made the soup and then used it as a sauce too. Perfect idea. Hehe your daughter is very cute pinching the raw cauliflower! Thanks for linking up with our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...