Monday, August 19, 2013

A sculpture

My place in time #32

I took the kids for a drive to Beachport, Tuesday of last week. I needed a drive, or needed to strap the kids in their seats, turn on the radio and just drive. It always seems to do the trick. 

We spent an hour at the playground, luckily it didn't rain, but it was windy as, so we didn't worry about taking our buckets to the beach. A stroll down the beach, digging, collecting; would have been awesome. Next time. 

It's been awhile since we've been in Beachport. I spotted a sculpture tied to a couple of posts out the front of Bompas, one of the fine local establishments. I'm not sure how long it's been here, maybe I have seen her before and hadn't really taken too much notice. 

She looks right at home, carefree, riding her bike along the foreshore streets of the sleepy seaside town. She could also just as well fit in when Beachport is bursting at the seems with holiday makers, bringing their bikes on the back of vans and cars for leisurely rides on sunny days.










'My place in time' is a local history project started by Blackcurrant photography

5 comments:

  1. I could look at street art all day. This one is just brilliant. Makes me think of that very old pushbike song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sculpture. When I look at it, I imagine it's myself riding along the beach, no worries in the world, wind blowing in my hair just enjoying some time out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pics. I know those days where you just want them strapped in and you can drive. I've had a few days when I've wanted to do that lately, sigh.

    I'm open-slathering to a post from this time two years ago, when I was pregnant with MissyMoo3. I can't believe it's been two years already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wind-swept hair! Yay a trip to the beach - go you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of this sculpture! I wish they would give some street cred to the artist (no pun intended.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...