Friday, May 17, 2019

Fishing at the Southend drain





When I was a kid I remember going fishing here a fair bit. Mainly with my mum, or my Gran. Gran lived in Southend, and we'd spend a lot of time here in the holidays.

It seemed fitting that I ended up here in the afternoon with my daughters on Mothers Day on a whim. I can't remember who's idea that was, but after the idea had stewed around in my brain, I quickly packed the car and we were down the road.

Such a peaceful place despite the sound of motorbikes buzzing about when we got there.

Summer and Brett are not the most patient of fisher people. Isabel and I are kindred spirits when it comes to fishing. As the rain set in around five o'clock, she and I donned our jackets and hoods and would not budge. The other two sitting in the car reminding us it was raining(like we didn't know that), and Summer could be clearly heard complaining in the back seat.

We had already caught two good mullets, and the fish had gone off the bite but I didn't want to spoil Isabel's determination and perseverance. I know that feeling oh so well, she is just like me when it comes to fishing. We could stand there all day. I guess it shows we have hope, faith and persistence. It's not such a bad thing.











You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. Oh I too would be back in the car whingeing...sorry! However how cool is it that you and your daughter continued fishing. Memories of yours as a kid will become memories of hers as a kid. Wonderful. Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos! What a wonderful way to spend a day in nature!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...