Friday, May 24, 2019

Seasonal bounties


I visited a friend and we cooked up tofu a couple different ways. I made braised tofu and my friend made salt and pepper tofu. We shared our homemade lunches and chatted. I lose track of time when this happens, it happened this day with me flying out the door in a panic for school pick up. I made it.

I feel so blessed to have a friend who loves cooking new things as much as I do.

























I took along some muntrie berry cake that I'd made with local foraged berries and she offered me some quinces to take home.

There is so much amazing autumn fruits that are ready now. Figs, feijoas, quince, and tomatillos for example.

Mushrooms are breaking through the ground too, and mum dropped me off some yesterday she'd found in one of her favourite spots! I am going to try to make Miguel's garlic mushrooms for lunch today. The girls have a pupil free day, I can hear them complaining about the smell now.

I love giving and receiving fresh produce and trying out recipes. I love finding produce in nature and bringing it back into my kitchen.

Do you have an ingredient you bring back to your kitchen from nature?




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I admire your ingenuity with your cooking and recipes. No I haven't brought back anything from nature since I was a kid and that was picking blackberries about 63 years ago!
    Happy Having Your Kids Home Day!
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...