Monday, August 17, 2015

My new favorite thing to eat




I have quit the community garden. I can't give myself to the gardens without sacrificing my own mental health. Just not doing it. Head. Brick wall. That is all I have to say about that.

I am working towards a healthier me. Except for the wine. You will never take the wine. It might be my undoing, where my weight is concerned.

I have found a favourite thing to eat though. It is a quick and easy lunch solution, as long as you have a decent head of lettuce on hand.

What's more it is delicious and satisfying.



Firstly you need to fry some bacon. I know, BACON. This is a BLT like you will never find, plus mine has cucumber. You could make it your own, and add whatever you like. It doesn't have to be bacon. I have used grilled chicken and pesto mayo, and it's just as good.

While your bacon or chicken is cooking, lay out a couple of good large leaves of lettuce. Lay some slices of cucumber and tomato down the middle, and a lashing of mayonnaise.

Have you ever tried to make your own mayo? It is easy as pie. This is the way I make homemade mayonnaise ever since I saw it on Masterchef. Works every time.

Lay some bacon or chicken on top and wrap it up. Eat. You could even have two!






22 comments:

  1. Yum! But I'd probably still need the bread....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Sometimes these things are too trying where other people are involved!
    I often skip the bread. I don't think my body likes bread very much. I wish I could wrap everything in chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had bread for almost a week and I am not really missing it. things wrapped in chocolate are definitely better!

      Delete
  3. How sad you've had to give up the Community Garden due to such a reason!

    Your lettuce and bacon wrap sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't want to give my time there anymore. Over it. I love this combo.

      Delete
  4. Good on you. Glad you posted this I have just started a low carb healthier eating today!! I am going to have this for my lunch this week. I agree wine just can't go but everything else can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been good at cutting down the wine, but we all need a vice and wine it will be! I am trying to eat so many processed carbs too. I am feeling better for it.

      Delete
  5. I love this! How awesome but how do you wrap the lettuce this is always my problem with these things. It always seems to fall out and I wear it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to start with a good leaf of lettuce to start with, or two. I manage to always drip mayo on myself. I usually wrap some towelling around the bottom.

      Delete
  6. Gosh that's a fabulous idea - must get some bacon! We all have to have one thing, and yours is wine. I think removing yourself from the community garden is a smart idea lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was starting to feel more and more like something wasn't right about it. It kept me awake one night and I just decided to quit it. I didn't like having to quit, it is a shame for the community that no one sticks around in the gardens long. I have since heard a lot of negative feedback from people who have had to deal with the same person I had beef with. I just couldn't keep giving myself to it.

      Delete
  7. I like be a BLAT- bacon lettuce avocado and tomatoe but needs yummy bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not much of an avocado fan eating it on it's own. I don't mind it in salads, so I'd give it a go in a lettuce wrap :)

      Delete
  8. oh, my! I would never have thought a lettuce wrap would have bacon on it, makes so much sense! I think I might try this tomorrow, if the lettuce isn't too manky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the lettuce idea instead of bread! Look super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man that looks so good! Puts the boring old salmon sandwich I'm eating right now to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not the biggest fan of bacon but I love the idea of using lettuce instead of bread. I think it works with mince too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have some pork mince left over from making wontons recently and I wrapped it up in lettuce too. Was a bit messy, but tasted good :)

      Delete
  12. This looks so tasty, maybe lunch today. Sometimes you just have to give up things for your sanity and your family's sanity. I am sure you will find something else to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious and much healthier without the bread :) I love my red wine and a month or so ago a rash developed under my left eye. After using organic coconut oil and it still persisting I consulted my naturopath and he tells me I am allergic to the red pigmentation in red wine :( So, no more until the rash disappears at least ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...