Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Liebster in da house!!


I was very flattered when Kelly from Handmade tears and triumphs sent me a message to say that she had given me a Liebster award. I'd seen them floating around and thought straight away that I'd probably never come into the radar for one of them. But here I am, telling you about it. Thank you Kelly!!!


The Low down on Liebster

Each person must post 11 facts about themselves 
Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you 
Choose 11 people and link them to your post (they must have 200 followers or less) 
Provide 11 questions for the people you tag 
Tell the people you have nominated

11 Facts about me

Fact 1.    I'm drink my tea black with no sugar. I drink coffee white with 2, I have only been drinking it within the last couple of months. I get now why my husband never let me choose and buy the coffee!

Fact 2.   I was chased up a plum tree by a ram when I was about 14. I was crying and terrified. My sister stood at the back door pissing herself laughing at me. Bitch. When my Mum came to see what all the screaming was about, she told me to stop being silly and get down.  Yeah but....theres a deranged ram trying to kill me!

Fact 3.   I'm a nail biter, I can't seem to get them to grow. Except at the end of my pregnancies. I buy polish for my toes, I feel naked when they aren't painted. They're coral pink at the moment.

Fact 4.   My first car was a purple Datsun 120Y, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. Grass grew on the passenger seat floor.

Fact 5.   My son went to special school from the age of 9, he has aspergers.

Fact 6.   I like to sing in the car, I could get through a whole song(usually with the wrong words), if it wasn't for cars coming the other way or people on the footpaths. I don't want to look like a dickhead.

Fact 7.  When I was still a silly teenager I got bogged on concrete, with a car full of friends. Not in the Datsun. It was raining, the ground was dirty and muddy, the handbrake was on. I was doing a mean burnout, thinking I was bogged. I may or may not have been a little bit stoned.

Fact 8.   I attended 10 years of Catholic school. I thought the nuns were lovely in primary school. There were Brothers in high school, Brother David sconed me on the head with his knuckles for saying 'shit' in homegroup. Prick ;p That sort of physical discipline wouldn't happen today, and worse things are probably said in homegroup these days.

Fact 9.   I wear ugg boots out in public. Crime of fashion? I don't care.

Fact 10. My grandpa was a Latvian Russian. He would sit at the head of the table and crack a bunta if we talked at the dinner table.

Fact 11. I lost my original engagement ring on my honeymoon. It's at the bottom of the Great Barrier Reef, unless a fish ate it, then I don't know where it is. Thank God for travel insurance.

Kellys 11 

If you could have dinner with anyone, alive or dead, who would it be?
So many, but you know what, the first person to pop into my head, Johnny Depp. Aaaand the mind starts to wander...Patrick Swayze, circa 1987. And after some serious thought Mary Mackillop.
If you could drive any car of your choosing, what would it be?
Well I'm not too fussy, as long as it has petrol in it, air con and heating. But I'll take a brand spanking new Holden Commodore if you're buying. A dodge viper would be far too impractical, and uncool with two kids in the boot.
What picks you up when you’re down?
Chocolate, and a walk anywhere out in the fresh air and sunshine. Definitely a hug from my mum, in fact I'll take a hug from anyone.
What’s your favourite Karaoke song?
Haven't sung Karoake in the longest time. It's a long way to the top by ACDC.
PC or Mac?
PC. What's the difference, I have no idea?!!!
What food do you despise?
Anything offalish, and mostly, whatever my husband cooks ;P
What one Super Power would you choose?
Invisibility, how much fun could I have with that one. And I may get some peace without the kids tugging at me or using me for a horse when I'm down on the floor cleaning up.
If you had to relocate to a new country, but you could choose which one, where would you move?
Maybe Italy or Spain. Imagine the lifestyle!!
What is the best book you’ve ever read?
I don't read many novels, not these days anyway. Have read lots of auto/biographies, on different poeple, which I enjoyed. A book I've read several times, is Playing the Jack by Mary Brown, a soppy love story set in 18th century England.
Do you think Australia should become a republican nation or are you all about the monarchy?
Have really no opinion about this, except if it's not broken why fix it. Does that mean I'm a monarchist? I think I'm sitting on the fence at the moment of 'I don't give a shit'.
What do you think of my blog? ;-)
I love your blog, it's a very entertaining read. You're funny, witty and write kick arse stories.

....and the award goes to....

I've chosen these 11 blogs to pass the award to. I have enjoyed reading them at some time or rather to want to follow. I also think they don't have the following they deserve. If I have nominated you, don't feel obligated to participate if it's not your cup of tea. (drum roll)...


Phew!! and nearly there.......

My questions for the nominees

  1. What nationalities are in your ancestry?
  2. Favourite Australian actor/actress?
  3. Which magazine to you read the most?
  4. What was your first job and how old were you?
  5. Electric blanket or hot water bottle?
  6. Favourite joke or party trick?
  7. Right now, what's on the top shelf of your fridge?
  8. What colour is predominant in your wardrobe?
  9. First car you owned and what are you driving now?
  10. Where was the best holiday you've had?
  11. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?

27 comments:

  1. Awww... thanks so much Alicia! I will definitely participate... I have another one from a while back that I need to do too so might combine them. Thanks so much!

    I love your facts, but how awful to lose your engagement ring on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Lisa, happy to share the award love around :)
      I know, I felt like such an idiot. It really did put a dampener on a great day snorkeling.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much Alicia. I have received a couple of these now and am still amazed when someone thinks to give me one! Very much appreciated, Annaleis xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you- I am so flattered!!! And I also learned to drive in a Datsun 120Y (though it was orange)! Though I'm not sure of my 11 blogs yet, so it might take me a while to complete this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Datsuns came in some awesome colours! Take your time, it's a fun challenge.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Alicia, So excited to receive one, never thought I would. I will respond for sure! You've nominated people I would chose to nominate (including yourself), I guess it depends how long it take for me to respond, but is there anything against nominating the blog that nominated you or blogs they nominated? I am sure there are eleven other blogs I read and follow, but some just come to mind quicker than others. Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a bit of investigating to find blogs to add. I went through comments and ones I followed to find them, it's hard to make a short list. Maybe go through the ones that add to your link up too.

      Delete
  5. Love your answers, I started to type in response to them then realised I was pretty much addressing every single one in the world's longest comment, so I'll just shorten it to... well done! Number 11 especially ;-) Thank you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks. I did consider your blog, but I noticed you already had received one :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks Alicia! I've never heard of this award, but now I know! I will definitely be participating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thank you!! It made my day getting this!! I love your answers and questions. I also have some new blogs tocheckout now too. I will hopefully have this done early next week!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting the award! :) oh that that must have been horrifying with the ram! I was chased by ducks and cats before. Not together because that would have just been too weird of course haha

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the award! Love all your facts. I wore my uggies out in public just this morning ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I had a mouth full of coffee when I read the part about the ram and almost spat it on my keyboard. I hate to say it but I have done something similar to my sister, except it was a poodle she was being chased by and it was just so funny all I could do was sroll around on the floor laughing. Round and round the lounge they went, E crying and the poodle April thinking it was a big game. Probably why even now at 24 she has an irrational fear of dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! Feel like I got to know you a whole lot more.
    Being chased by a ram would totally scare the bejesus out of me!
    Give me Italy or Spain any day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your award!!! fun post to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a nail biter too, and I also have a son with Aspergers, he's 17

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your award, great facts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...