Monday, August 27, 2012

Girls Night Out - Open Slather


I haven't been out on a girls night out in so long, it's ridiculous. Before this night I hadn't had a drink for 18 months, ever! Over the weekend I joined my sister Carmen, and her friends to celebrate her birthday. Our little sister Sophie had flown from Victoria (her birthday is the day before, her hubby bought her a plane ticket to come over for the weekend). So for in more than a while we were all parting together. It was a bit spesh.

Me, Carmen, Sophie

Carmen and I are the same age for the next three weeks, before I turn 40 (I'm in denial!) have a birthday next month. 




I was intending and did drink a bottle of low alcohol wine, then there was the shooter, and the few light beers at the pub later on. I was surprised how I handled it, I thought I'd be on my ear after the first glass. I did keep nibbling and drinking water here and there. I had the best time!! A night out was long overdue.

Later at home, while I pumped and dumped my booby milk, I checked in on Facebook(as you do), and was quite chuffed to see that Kelly from Handmade tears and triumphs has given me a Liebster award! How nice is that?! So now I get to pass it on to some other bloggers too :) When I first started my blog (nearly four months ago), I really had no idea how big blogging was. How daunting it was to be a little fish(still a little fish) in a big ocean, Who was going to read my crappy, insignificant blog? I soon came to realise that there was a great support network for newbies and I will be excitedly happy to pass it on and make someone elses day to receive it.



7 comments:

  1. Lucky you I have not had a night out in months!! I cannot handle the next day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty slow and quite on Sunday!

      Delete
    2. Ha I bet!! Thanks for the link up I needed a monday kick start or an excuse not to do stuff that I should be doing!!

      Delete
  2. A girl's night out, sounds wonderful!! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Alicia, when I first started I had no idea how big blogging was either, now I feel lik ei"ve been living under a rock! Your blog is far from crappy and insignificant :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks Kelly. I'm just in the process of finding some people to hand it on to :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like fun!! Moms definitely need a fun night out every once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...