Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fishy spaghetti and being awesome

This would have to be one of my favourite lunch time meals, mainly for weekends, when Brett is home, and when there is a bit of fish in the freezer. If you don't like fish, you're not going to like this.


I start by sautéing some garlic and onion. When it is soft, add a can of chopped tomatoes, half a cup of water and let simmer for 10 minutes. Depending on how much sauce you need add more water and some pureed tomato (like passata). At the last minute I add the fish (I used coorong mullet) because it doesn't need much cooking time. Serve with cooked pasta.


I have made this with mussels, or some marinara mix (frozen or from the deli). Prawns would be good too. I love how the seafood flavour goes into the sauce.

After lunch, I go see what Brett is doing in the shed. He's cleaning up a bit, and rearranging. He recently bought a cheap runabout to use for work, and moved the caravan into the shed so there's room under the carport for his new second hand car.


Last week he got a computer virus, it wouldn't let him do anything on it. While I was in the shed, I started it in safe mode, system restored it, and put some security on it (the dope hadn't installed it!!!), and scanned it. We sat in the shed with coffees and kids and watched the computer screen. He was very happy, and thankful when I restarted in normal mode and the virus was gone. Even jokingly offering me some "in the sack action" as a reward for fixing his computer..... Errr, no thanks luv. Men!!!

"That's OK dear, it's just another day in the life of being awesome!"

He can now go back to hiding in the shed to surf the net, and play his music. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad thing. It does annoy me sometimes when I'm trying to get things done with two witching children and he is hiding. But then it annoys me too, when his bum is parked on my computer chair and I want to use it.

I'm happy to say that I caught him looking at laptops, and admitted he is buying me one for my birthday next month. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!! Tell me how good it is to lie in bed with a laptop, tell me, tell me. 

14 comments:

  1. Yum that spaghetti looks delicious! I love seafood pasta of any kind. Yum! That shed looks like a man cave that many blokes would envy! Visiting from ibot x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very man shed, he says he could live out there now the caravan is in there. I wish lol.

      Delete
  2. I don't eat fish but this does look delicious. You can't go wrong with a big yummy bowl of pasta. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo for birthday laptops! Very exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, he is usually crap a present buying, I am excited!

      Delete
  4. I was only recently thinking that I want a laptop :-) The tablet is annoying and I'm bored of my desk. A laptop I could use in this gorgeous sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I never thought of that, I love to laze out the front in the sun.

      Delete
  5. Yay for the laptop! You will LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! And I LOVE fish but the rest of the family aren't keen. Chicken for dinner. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always give them the tomato bit and save a bit of sauce to put your fish in.

      Delete
  6. See if you can convince him to splurge for a MacBook. That is the mother of all laptops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he went shopping today and bought it for me early!! It's a compaq, he's known for getting out of things as cheaply as he can. I am sitting in bed, reading through IBOT now :)

      Delete
  7. not sure I would like spaghetti with fish.. though I love chilli mussels and fish.. and spaghetti...
    not sure husband would eat it.

    Love that u fixed the virus!!! :) *awesome high five!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling starting it in safe mode would fix it, not sure whether it would work. Felt pretty good to get it working again.

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...