Friday, March 22, 2019

Grateful for what we have


I guess there's a lot of people who take where they live for granted. There's probably a whole lot more who never get out to see how great, what they have in their own neighbourhood is.

It annoys me to hear locals and ex residents bag our local area.  Did they even go out and experience what we have here in the Limestone Coast?

We are so lucky with the natural playgrounds we have on our doorstop, drop in some friends and it makes for a great weekend.

Boggy had no luck with the fishing on the beach. Izzy got a bit daring on her go kart. We made tracks in the sand. The kids found crabs in the rocks, and when it rained we played cards, scrabble, drew or read.

We enjoyed fresh fish from the ocean, caught from the boat in Bungalow Bay. The conditions weren't perfect, but it satisfied the older kids, who were keen to get out there and try. They caught mullet, trevally and whiting. It tasted amazing, coated in flour and fried in a shallow pan. Shared lazy bbq meals, with friends and family in our outdoor living space. How fortunate are we.
















You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

9 comments:

  1. Those go karts look so much fun - and that beach shot, is just divine! I think it's quite an art to appreciate where you live. We always talk about our lotto win (still as yet to happen, tho the amount we will win varies). My husband always talks about buying a house and I always argue 'Why would we want to move there? You can buy a holiday house somewhere but we're staying here'. The ease of me to get to town, to walk up to a concert venue, and to have three movie theatres within 10 mins is all I need! I can visit the other places but for lifestyle, this works perfectly for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love where we live too, I could not imagine moving away, especially interstate! A holiday house is a perfect home away from home :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I could never complain about living near the beach!
    That go-kart looks like so much fun. My kids would love to do this on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always a good plan to look at what we have in our own world isn't it? Your part of Australia is teeming with beauty and wonder. Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I think we all need a change of perspective sometimes to refocus on gratitude. My little town is kind of the same. So many people complain that there is nothing to do, yet there are community events all the time and then no one ever attends. It is frustrating to say the least. I try to make the best of everything and embrace all the wonderful things that my community has to offer!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is always the same people who complain there is nothing on, that do not support an event when it is on! Community is wonderful, like a huge hug. Towns cannot survive without it.

      Delete
  5. Looks like such a great time. What fun. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope your weekend was wonderful too x

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...