Monday, April 29, 2013

I've turncoated for a toddler bed

I was all set to watch the Anzac Day match between Collingwood and Essendon. I'd positioned myself on our new reclining lounge, excited, watched the telecast leading up to the game, and then it happened. 

Brett suggested we go for a drive. To go shopping.

Brett has been itching to put Summer in a single bed for a couple of weeks. I have been stalling him because we needed to get a bed guard first, and well, she can get out of a bed, she can't get out of a cot. 

Quite frankly, I was getting a bit bored waiting for the match to start, and he mentioned shopping. So after a hurried check of the nappy bag and filling up of drink containers, we were off.

Three shopping centres later, we had a bed guard, a fitted sheet and a quilt cover set(marked down to $5), amongst other stuff. We didn't go too bat shit crazy, we did pretty good considering the amount of cheap, on sale and marked down bargains that were screaming at us, well me. I was proud of my restraint. 


Needless to say, Summer has successfully slept in her 'big girls bed' three nights in a row. The first time she got out herself and wandered into the loungeroom at 9:30 at night it was adorable, my little big girl. She went straight back to sleep after a quick rock and I layed her down again.
The morning after, Izzy climbed in when Summer woke up.

Thankfully it's been smooth sailing so far. Phew! I am sure it is going to all turn to crap at some point.

Back to the footy. I haven't sat down and watched ONE Collingwood game this year! What is going on here! I have however, watched EVERY Port Power game. I have looked forward to watching EVERY Port Power game, excited about it too. I am feeling a bit weird about it and am feeling like a total turncoat.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like your girl has handled her move into a Big Girl bed like a real pro! Hope it continues well for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going pretty well. She's got out in the middle of the night a couple of times, but it's no biggy :)

      Delete
  2. I remember the move to the bed - makes you realise how fast time is.
    Dockers fan here - however did watch the Anzac Day Game - that haunting sound of the Last Post brings a tear to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something very special about the lead up to the ANZAC game :)

      Delete
  3. They look so cute in there together. Why is it that beds are so much better for playing when you are little than sleeping?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love being in their bed? So comforting!

      Delete
  4. I have to do the transition soon and it breaks my heart as I always swore to keep the baby in a cot until he was 20 and not make the same mistake we made with his brother!! Sadly we need the cot again!! No 3 will definately be in the cot until he/she is 20!!
    Could your girls be any cuter??!!
    I will be back tomorrow to read all the open slathers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was putting it off, she is still my baby. She has coped really, really well.

      Delete
  5. We've just taken the side off Dora's cot because she was climbing out! We're not transitioning very well at all :( We've been getting visits from her at 2am and then she wants to stay! Exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exhausting, thankfully Summer has stayed asleep in her bed most nights. We have had a couple of visits.

      Delete
  6. Yay for Summer!! I love how Izzy climbed in with her in the morning ~ so sweet! Thanks for hosing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Paula. It was pretty cute Izzy wanted to go sit with her sister in bed. It was exciting for her, Summer having her own bed.

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...