Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Driving through beauty

My place in time #49 - I had to stop the car to take a photo

I don't know about you, but I love beautiful scenery as I drive. Little snippets of charm to break up the drive. 

Yesterday Summer and I went for a drive to Penola. We had an awesome day. 

In these parts there are quite often trees lining the roadsides that tower of the road and meet in the middle. 

This is just a couple of those, if I had of stopped to take photos of all the beautiful scenes it would have taken me all day to get there and home. Not to mention, standing on the road isn't the safest place to spend a lot of time! 





The turn to the left goes to Kalangadoo. This is where I grew up. I have youthful memories of this avenue. The sunlight flickering through the trees as we drove through. I think it's beautiful. It is beautiful. We came through here a little over a week ago, leaves blew around as the car swept through. The weather has been wild the last week and the leaves have just about gone. I will have to capture this avenue when the leaves have returned.







28 comments:

  1. Lovely scenery to enjoy on a drive. I imagine the first lot of trees would be absolutely gorgeous with leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iIt is. A great green corridor of flickering light. I will have to come back to take photos in 6 months.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful drive. Congratulations on your 400th post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. I love driving and being able to enjoy the view that most of the time you take for granted.

      Delete
  3. Wow. I love that you pulled over to capture these shots, definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been making a point of pulling over when I see something worth photographing. Too many times I have just kept driving and kicked myslef later on. No time like the present!

      Delete
  4. I love how those trees snarl together in the first few shots! Glad you got out and about lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to just get out and drive some more. the kids like a change of scenery too.

      Delete
  5. LOVE! Just beautiful scenery. Happy 400th :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is just something about the way the trees encase the road.... Definitely worth stopping to capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I drove through here I would always think, I have to stop and take photos and never did. I am glad I stopped, but was so conscious of not getting myself run over too!

      Delete
  7. Doesn't that road just look like it goes on forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing in those photos too :)

      Delete
  8. These beautiful trees, their branches seem to seek to embrace! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love tree lined roads/streets! I also love getting away from the city and suburbia AND I love autumn and winter leaves :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when trees grow over the road like this. I loved it as a kid, and I love it still now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These roads and trees are ingrained in my memories of childhood.

      Delete
  11. what a lovely place. awesome green trees . i like this pictures. Coming from the Wordless Wednesday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love roads with trees beside them, creating a tunnel. Just something about them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous. I love the way trees frame the view.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photos of the deciduous trees arching over the road. We don't get that up here in Bris-Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these photos are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...