This is a bit more of a cakey mixture because of the eggs. If you don't have any or don't want to add them, the recipe will still work without them.
You could even drizzle the slice at the end with melted chocolate or slather on some icing.
3 WeetBix, crushed
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup SR Flour
2 eggs, beaten
125 gr margarine, melted
Combine all first four dry ingredients.
Mix beaten egg into melted margarine, then add to dry ingredients.
Stir until well combined, then press into a lined slice tray(27 x 17 cm)
Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Let it cool, before slicing up.
Depending on what your kids like, and what you have available in the pantry the following could be added at the start with the dry ingredients
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- chopped walnuts(not recommended if sending to school)
- 3/4 cup choc chips(dark, milk or white)
- 3/4 cup peeled apple, grated
- 3/4 cup of any dried fruit eg. peaches, apricots, cranberries, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa for chocolate slice
- you could even mix the ingredients as long as there is 3/4 cup in total.
|Apple(left) and Dried peach weetbix slice|