Friday, April 12, 2013

Veggie Pancakes

I've been getting a little bit over thinking of new things for lunch for the girls. It's getting close to our big shopping day and there is not a heck of a lot of variety in the pantry or the fridge.

I had a flick through my recipe book, it has hand written recipes in it and of late just sticky taped in print offs from the web. This recipe is written in there, it's been on my mind for a while, just haven't got around to making it.

Veggie pancakes

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 cup grated cheese
salt and pepper
Veggies of choice eg carrot, zucchini, peas, corn, spinach.

Combine egg and milk. Mix in flour until smooth.
Add cheese, seasoning and veggies.
Use 2 tablespoons full to make small pancakes, and fry off in a little oil.


I used a grated carrot, a grated small yellow squash, some silverbeet and parsley.
  
I dipped the cutters in oil first so the pancakes didn't stick. 


With the fabulous Yvette providing fantastic ideas on her Little Bento Blog, when I saw these cutters at the market in Port Fairy I had to buy some. It was an awesome market stall, with cutters laid out in front of me in the shapes of just about everything! Two young teens sold them while the metal craftsman made more on the sidelines. Amazing! I wish I had of bought more and will from the Bisk Art website soon. 



I tricked her into eating vegies!! Sucker!

She loves her salad, but hasn't eaten a cooked veggie for donkeys ages, except for corn cobs. 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the mention :) Those veggie pancakes look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem Yvette, you're a star. They turned out pretty darn good, and I am sure she wouldn't have been so eager if the weren't in the shape of animals. I can't wait to get more :)

      Delete
  2. I am going to give this a go. I need to get more veggies into my girl!! Thanks hun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Kaz. It was good to get some veggies into Izzy, fussy shit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...