Monday, April 1, 2013

Stoopid stats - 200th post

This weeks open slather is my 200th post! I thought I would give you some stats to mull over bore you to death. They are very interesting, I promise, well probably only to me.

During the Easter weekend I clocked up just over twenty thousand page views. Who would have thought? I know compared to most that isn't much. To me, it's a heck of a lot. Towards the end of next month, I'd have been blogging for a year.

Unfrickin believable. I never realised how much work this bloggin caper took up. But I have enjoyed every minute. Every creativity block that made me push through. Every doubt, that made me believe I had something to contribute. Even if no one was interested, one day my kids would appreciate looking back and reading the scratchings I put here. 

It's me. I cook, I garden, I do shit,  I think shit. 

The post that has had the most page views, is about the cakes I made for the girls last birthday, 1200 views so far. Mind blown! All I can say is there is a lot of people searching on Google on how to make butterfly and peppa pig cakes. 

The next popular is my Broad bean salad, almost a thousand views to date.When I saw the Tassie couple, Ali and Samuel, make this on My Kitchen Rules, I had a feeling it would sky rocket. Thanks to Google. Who says I don't have my finger on the pulse!


The third most popular and rightly so is one my rose posts, Just Joey, with 300 views. I really have enjoyed photographing and sharing my roses.


The weirdest search to get to my blog was 'hen slathering'. Now what kind of person wants to slather a hen. Seriously!  I must admit I have heard worse, should I count myself lucky?

The funniest and maybe the most surprising thing this week, was watching my chooks fight over a drop tail lizard, the little brown chook nabbed it and it was hell funny to watch the other chooks trying to steal it. Who knew a droppy was a delicacy for a chook, lucky for the brown chook she gutsed  it down before the others got it. Gross! She does lay the best eggs though!

Hope you are all having a fantastic Easter long weekend. Oh and pinch and a punch for the first of the month. Don't forget it's April Fools Day, I always get caught out, I'm a sucker for a tall story. Usually something I hear on the radio, only to be reminded of what day it is, when I relay the story to someone else!

8 comments:

  1. Those are fantastic stats, Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Alicia! I enjoyed going on a trip through memory lane with you. I'm glad you reminded me of the broad bean recipe. I thought that looked awesome, and then I just forgot about it! And the roses are awesome. Always awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. The roses are starting to slow down a bit now, I will have to start taking photos of other flowers. I just planted broad bean seeds a few days ago though!

      Delete
  3. Maybe I'm just nosey, but I love stoopid stats, thanks for sharing. Yes, I am always amazed at which posts score the most hits - it's never the ones you think, is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the stats, and thanks for sharing - 1200 views must be a record - Amazing! I hope you had a great Easter! :) Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about a record, but it goes up all the time. Could be phenomenal!!

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...