Monday, April 22, 2013

Soup n swings


My brothers own a scrap metal recycling business. Brett works for them. When collecting the scrap from the recycling centre, this little beauty didn't make it back to work! It came straight round to our place. It's in perfick nick!

The two outer swings were intact, we already had the blue and green one, it's been attached to the rafters in our patio for the last three years. Not anymore.

The next day, because I'm a determined biatch when I get an idea in my head, I got busy in the shed with a saw and drill and whipped up a swing in no time.


They love it! 
Later in the day, the girls made some 'soup'. Dirt, crabapple and parsley consumme to be exact. Good clean fun. At least somebody made something with the crabapples this year!


8 comments:

  1. What a great find :) The girls are loving it! I'm impressed with your handy-woman skills :)
    What do you know about crab apples? We have a tree and get so much fruit - are they edible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are edible, but not that great. I made a sort of jam/jelly with them a few years ago, but nothing since. My tree has heaps of fruit too, will have to google a recipe, although just about all the fruit is on the ground now.

      Delete
  2. How awesome! The girls look thrilled to bits :-). Miss 16 was a great one for lots of "cooking" - her "stone soup" was particularly memorable LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and my sister used to get all the empty containers out the bin and make soup with dregs of shampoo, dish wash, margarine, whatever was there! All good fun. The swing set was definitely a great score :)

      Delete
  3. My mother LOVES crabapple jelly. That's about the only thing I can think of to make when them. *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have much idea what to do with really either. Will have to get onto google next year and make use of them!

      Delete
  4. This post is great! At those tender ages, a swing is a swing. Good for you and your handy-ness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not scared to plug in a power tool lol. The girls love it, I think Izzy was quite impressed with her new wooden swing :)

      Delete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...