Saturday, August 4, 2012

That ugly pot in the corner


I've been meaning to do something about this pot for a while, it's got scale or something. It's an elephant ears, there is one on the other side of the pergola that is doing very well. The last plant I had in this spot had the same thing, it's just not a good spot at all for a plant. 
Elephant ears in the garden









I cleaned up the pot and put some good soil from the compost heap in it, we went down to the hardware store and bought some pretty purple and white petunias. It's now out by the front door.



We had a spare petunia so we put it in the front garden next to the egyptian rose (Knautia) or pincushion flower, that I got from the bargain bin for a dollar a few weeks ago. It has come back to life beautifully.



Last week I bought these tulips in a gift pot at woolies, marked down to $5.50. We've found a place for these too, next to the crabapple tree, in the front yard.

6 comments:

  1. You just can't beat Petunias for a bit of a lift in the garden. Those Tulips are really lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of your beautiful ones when I saw them, and I had to buy them.

      Delete
  2. I love tulips, I reckon they would have to be one of my favourite flowers. Those and camellias. Camellias and azaleas are my Mum's favs and it's rubbed off on me. One day I will find the time and motivation to create a beautiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a white camelia, they are pretty flowers. I love azaleas too, I did have some of those but they got crowded out by other plants and died, I have been thinking about getting some more.

      Delete
  3. Oh, those tulips are just divine! Nothing like flowers to add some colour around the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have jonquils growing I our lounge room (we don't have our own garden). They're blooming Kate but they make the room smell beautiful. I did laugh at yr ugly pot. I have one of those with a spindly hairy bit of thyme that I'd lacking love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...