Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scone dough Pizza

Occasionally, I will make proper pizza dough, usually in the bread maker, it does all the work. For quick lunch time meals though, I just make scone dough pizza.





Whenever I get set up to make anything in the kitchen, Isabel is there. She loves to get in the way help, and insists on doing things by herself.  Drives me nuts, I think I need to be more patient and get over the extra mess. Rubs flour into butter, mess. Breaks egg, mess. Grates cheese, mess. I wish too that she would be happy standing on a chair, but I turn my back and she's on the bloody bench, got to be on top of it all, so that's usually where she gets in the way helps.




Scone Dough Pizza

2 Tblsp margarine
2 cups SR Flour
1 tsp salt
4 Tblsp milk
1 egg
Your favourite pizza toppings

Rub margarine into flour. Add salt, egg and milk and mix to make dough.
Add your toppings and bake at 200 degress for 15-20 minutes.

Summer enjoying pizza for lunch.


Soon after I sat down to eat, Dad called, he needed help tying and hanging up home made chorizo, so we packed up lunch and took it over to his shed to help out.

7 comments:

  1. Yummo!! Will give that recipe a go, would have to be much better than store bought bases :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaps better than the store bought ones, and probably cheaper to make too.

      Delete
  2. We make homemade pizza all the time, it's the best!! No more store bought for us anymore. I love Isabels enthusiasm! It's pretty funny that she likes to get right up on the bench! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm dying to make homemade pizza! It's a great little treat to get the children involved with cooking it. And you can make it as healthy as you want!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending this one straight to my mum :) She'll love it. Thanks for sharing over at Melting Moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so trying this :-)
    I have never made pizza dough/base myself before. It does sound pretty simple really doesn't it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...