Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet Potato Pie


I have too many sweet potatoes, Brett bought more from the Harndorf fruit and veggie market on his way home from Adelaide and I already had some. I've been using them to make baby food, but Summer is eating a lot of the stuff we do now so I went looking for a recipe. I found this one and it's delicious. 



Sweet Potato Pie
500g sweet potato
125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla essence
Shortcrust pastry

Boil whole sweet potatoes until cooked through, strain off water and remove the skin. 
Mash with butter until smooth. Add remainder of ingredients and mix.
Place shortcrust pastry into a pie dish, pour mixture in and bake at 175 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour.

I used margarine instead of butter, and all spice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg. I used the same pastry recipe as in my asparagus quiche, but you can use the frozen stuff. It kinda reminds me of custard tart, but with a veggie flavour.




4 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting. I've never cooked something sweet with pumpkin or sweet potato. Maybe it's time to try :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! See my comment!! It's been on my to-do list for a while!

      Delete
  2. this looks really yummy! I bet my family would love it if I made some of this pie...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet potato pie is one of my favorites. Yours looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...