Saturday, July 21, 2012

Open Garden #2

If you're here to link up, welcome, add your post below.


Coriander
I was excited to find some coriander, or cilantro, coming up from seed near the vegie patch. It's a love or hate kind of herb. I love it in a fresh salad with chick peas, tomato, cucumber, celery and spring onion. Whereas my mum hates it in anything.


If you have it in your garden, and like to companion plant, it goes well with dill, chervil and anise, but if grown with fennel it will wilt. Dill, chervil and coriander growing amongst carrots and cabbage will protect them from pests.

3 comments:

  1. It's a must for great Indian dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to using it a bit more in my cooking.

      Delete
  2. I love coriander and I am planning to planet some this Spring time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...