Friday, July 6, 2012

Fairytale Park

My sister in law sent me a message on Thursday morning, inviting the kids and I to go along to the Tarpeena Fairytale Park. My great niece and her mum were over from Perth.

Theres not much in Tarpeena, a pub, a postoffice/shop, and a mill, even the local footy team folded a few years ago. Just up the road is Nangwarry, an equally insignificant town, where I went to primary school, the start of my 10 years in catholic education. I remember going to the park, which well could have been over 30 years ago, but couldn't remember what I saw. Nothing brought back memories, which made me question whether I had been there at all.

I was informed that it had changed. What use to be plain concrete fairytale characters scattered around a paddick, were now brightly painted, amongst paths and gardens. 

Us adults enjoyed it as much as the kids. Heres some of it.


This one cracked me up. One of the old ladies kids.


There was and old lady who lived in a shoe......


Lilly and Issy in Lilliput


Hansel and Gretel


Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub


Troll guarding the bridge


Little Red Riding Hood


Summer terrorises the lilliputians


Town drunk!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for so much visiting, and even more so for leaving a friendly comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...